Get to know me better
I am very passionate about engaging with different cuisines
A talented Chef, offering 14 years experience of working in high level and prestigious environments.
Areas of expertise include multi national cuisine - specialty in bio/organic/healthy/low fat/light Mediterranean Cuisine. Have won national competitions through production of cooking art.
Certified Chef of Food Safety & Hygiene (Hellenic food authority, HACCP.
Jun 2018 – Sep 2018 Private Chef to Swiss Family, Mykonos island
• Responsible for 4 members of the family (2 adults+2 kids). Usually 2 meals per day including breakfast and dinner. Request of the family the best organic, fresh, bio ingredients of the island mainly cooking Mediterranean tastes with healthy and no butter cooking methods. Small events & dinner parties during this period with friends & family.
July 2017 – Aug 1017 Private Chef to Greek Family, Skiros island
• Responsible for 5 members of the family and 2 members of staff, providing daily breakfast, lunch and dinner. Request of the family Mediterranean-healthy-bio cooking with the finest ingredients and the best cooking methods. Minimum weekly guests (sleep in) 5p. and maximum 7p.
Jan 2014 – till present Working in my own Greek-Mediterranean Meze bar, Athens
• Undertake dinner/cocktail parties and all kind of events. Responsible for the kitchen, working in central section, preparing and platting of starters and main courses.
Providing for covers up to 70 daily.
Nov 2010– Dec 2013 Chef de cuisine at Aerostato restaurant-bar , Athens
• Responsible for the daily groceries, covers, services, kitchen.
Providing lunch and dinner through the day. Food control/check & cost, food safety &
hygiene, stock day and reduced fat foods.
Apr 2009 – Oct 2010 Sous chef at San rocks hotel, Santorini island
• Working in pastry section and within a team of 4 chefs. Responsible for the breakfast and room service. Daily pastries, fresh and organic fruits. Providing for covers of up to 150 per day.
Sep 2007 – Mar 2009 Chef de partie at Dioskouroi restaurant-bar, Athens
• Working in the larder section of the restaurant - preparing and plating of starters - all food prepared here was Mediterranean cuisine. Delivery levels of up to 90 per session.
Working within a team of 7 chefs.
Sep 2005- Aug 2007 Commis chef at Sotto voce Italian restaurant, Athens
• Working within a team of 5 chefs. Responsible for the larder section, cooking and platting the food. Processing for up to 50 covers per session, healthy and bio ingredients always.
**Have also worked on often basis for prestigious hotels and restaurants such as: Ecali club (Private members club), Catering la chocolatiere, British Archaeological School in Athens, Wabi Lounge, and also Private Chef services to Ambassadors houses like American embassy, Holland embassy, Belgium embassy.
For me, cooking is...
is a form of expressing love to the different cultures and products that we have
I learned to cook at...
10/2005 - 05/2007: Diploma, culinary art at Chef d'oeuvre Athens, Greece. 09/2002 - 06/2005: Certificate, IT skills at Bari University, Italy
A role model in the kitchen is...
Milad Alexandre Mack Atala
A cooking secret...
Love and dedication put into my dishes
As a Private Chef, I can offer you:
Simply tell me what you're craving! I would love to create the perfect menu for your special occasion in Mikonos.
A longer stay in Mikonos? I'm available for holidays, on a daily basis, and so forth. Just let me know!
Because "sharing is caring". I would be happy to teach you all sorts of techniques and recipes in Mikonos.
If you are looking for someone to keep your fridge full of incredible meals in Mikonos, count me in.
Book your experience with Chef Fanis
Specify the details of your requests and the chef will send you a custom menu just for you.